My 18th Century Workbench in progress 16

10/8/2014

I am very happy to report that I managed to fit two legs to the one part of the twin-top this weekend. The first was quite a mission, but the second not so much. One really needs a healthy dose of patience for this work and it does not help much that I am starting to feel pressured to get the bench assembled before the changes in ambient humidity (probably some time in November).

IMG_1981IMG_1982IMG_1983IMG_1984IMG_1985IMG_1986IMG_1987IMG_1988IMG_1989IMG_1990IMG_1991

The second leg. You might notice the gaps on either side of the through tenon’s mortise that was created to accept wedges.

IMG_1992IMG_1993IMG_1994IMG_1995IMG_1996

I inserted the apron and took these photos to give you an idea of the base structure of the bench.

IMG_1997IMG_1998IMG_1999

A week ago I started to take the Irwin quick release vise (destined to become the end vise) apart in order to “paint it black”, as I am a Stones man.

IMG_1939IMG_1940IMG_1941IMG_1942IMG_1943IMG_1944IMG_1945

Thanks for commenting on Je ne sais quoi Woodworking